Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette has some of the most beautiful cinematography I've ever seen. The film depicts femininity in it's loveliest form. Kirsten Dunst is extremely likable as the notorious Queen of France. Versaille, grand ballrooms, grassy fields, gorgeous gowns, strawberries and milk, petite fours, outrageous hairstyles, corsets, curls, champagne, candlelight, lust, love, and a killer soundtrack.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
The lonely and lively life of a cowgirl is beautifully depicted through Wildfox Couture's spring 2012 line. The line is an homage to the Western films of the 60s. Spring pastels are contrasted by gothic pieces, representing feminine, saloon-style wears as well as gun-slingin' bandits.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
I'm absolutely fascinated by France.
I've yet to visit, but I plan on doing so in the not-so-distant future.
museums, Laduree, warm croissants, picnics by the Eiffel tower.
macarons, champagne bottles, scooter rides, morning coffee on apartment balconies,
and French boys
and French boys
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
If you've seen photos of my bedroom, then it's no secret to you that I love Shabby Chic-inspired decor. Chipped white paint, pastel hues, vintage Victorian paintings, French accents. I like to celebrate femininity in a space where I can cuddle up, drink coffee, and read a good book.
I'm truly inspired by this lovely cottage home in the Catskills, renovated and decorated by Sandra Foster. It looks like the perfect hideaway gingerbread house.
Sandra Foster- stylist, photos shot by Trevor Tondro
Thursday, December 8, 2011
- dip pinecones in white paint and sprinkle glitter onto them
- wear a thick knitted scarf and go ice skating, drink peppermint hot chocolate
- build a fort indoors out of sheets and fluffy pillows
- watch holiday specials in your best footie pajamas
- build a gingerbread house adorned in icing and spice drops
- snuggle by a warm fire
- cut paper snowflakes and string them along with icicle lights above your bed
- bake dozens of cookies and deliver them to your friends
- have a dinner party, but serve only traditionally breakfast-related food
- select a charity to donate some of your time or money to
- make a list of books you'd like to read
- play board games by candlelight
- go window shopping and make a list of your theoretical dream purchases
- see a live production of The Nutcracker
- go sledding and build a snowman- if you live in a snowy area
- sit in a warm bubble bath and listen to your favorite winter playlist
- sneak a kiss under the mistletoe
- take a drive to admire holiday lights and decorations
- host a homely holiday sweater get-together
- take photographs throughout winter and assemble them into an album
- handwrite letters and cards to people you love, snail mail them
photo sources unknown
- MAC cosmetics lipstick in "high tea"
- a glamorous paperweight
- Cake Vinage paper place-mats
- Miu Miu glitter oxfords
- a Top Shop sequin coin purse
- Ugangan vanilla bean ice cream
- Coup de Foudre limited edition candle
- Influence by Mary-Kate and Ashley
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
- Chanel No.5 perfume
- Lollia candles
- beautiful boxed French macarons
- MOR Cosmetics "marshmallow" scented hand cream and sugar body scrub
- Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette on dvd
- The Jane Austen handbook
- a faux fur blanket
- Philosophy "sweet creamy frosting" bath and shower gel