Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Romeo + Juliet

I'm constantly drawing inspiration from films.
I recently re-watched Baz Luhrmann's 1996 adaption of the Shakespearean classic, Romeo and Juliet.
The film is a modern take on the well-known love story.
The dialogue remains in it's original Shakespearean, but the rest of the film is portrayed in a strictly modern way. Gun slinging and pink hair on the Venice California boardwalk.




roses, rosaries, lit candles, gothic veils, fallen petals, Cathedrals, Italian love poems
midnight kisses, moonlight swims, confessions, obsession
lust, secrets, young love

4 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! I was watching this movie a few weeks ago, It is packed full of inspiration!!
    xx

    georgianaonstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite movies, leo is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this is my favourite film <3

    ReplyDelete