Tuesday, November 5, 2013

AUTUMN INSPIRATION 2013


I love the cooler months, and this year I’m enjoying Autumn by revisiting some old-school methods of relaxation. There’s something very romantic and wonderful about cozying up and digging into your psyche through art and nature. I’ve written up a list of suggestions for some fun Fall activities and styling suggestions. I’m so excited to share it with you, and I hope you like it!

STYLE: I tend to pull warm colors and earth tones year-round, but I seriously gravitate toward both in the fall & winter. Burgundy, charcoal, olive, and chestnut are fun hues to incorporate into your wardrobe. Mustard is my favorite color to accent with; it pops beautifully through pieces like thick-knit scarves, beanies, flannels and cardigan sweaters. Now is the time to showcase your style and wear layer upon layer, so have fun with it! Band tees, cuffed corduroys, lace-up oxford boots, & a great army jacket are a few of my all-time favorite fall staples.

MUSIC: Revisit vinyl records. Hunt down a record store (I promise, they DO still exist), and pull a couple of albums you love. If you don’t own a record player, use the records as makeshift wall art or room decor! That aside, if you’re totally committed to your mp3 player, I’ve posted an Autumn playlist for rainy days, morning strolls, and hiding out at your locker.
You can check it out “HERE”!

FOOD: Autumn is the perfect season to test out some hearty dishes. For breakfast, try oatmeal with almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, and diced pear. Go apple picking and bake a pie from scratch! Hot beverages and Fall are totally synonymous with one another, so go tea tasting and pick a few new flavors to fall in love with this year. Play with your coffee as well and hunt down an awesome at-home pumpkin spice latte recipe.

FUN: After a summer spent outdoors, the contrast of cold weather and indoor-activities can be really enjoyable. I like to begin by picking out a bunch of must-read books I’ve been meaning to check out. It’s nice to get lost in literature once in a while. Rainy days are a perfect excuse for lighting candles, heating up some cider, and digging into a good read. You may find your creative wheels spinning, and I definitely suggesting journaling, doodling, sketching, and painting. Take a camera with you on your next autumn walk. Snap photos of the bare trees, spooky fields, foggy roads, etc. Collect fallen leaves and dry out some flowers. Make a memorable autumn inspiration journal! Don’t forget to include some ticket stubs, coffee stains, and tea bag labels. If you happen to stumble upon any large tree branches, bring them home, dip them in gold paint, and dangle them from your ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment