Friday, January 1, 2016

some of my favorite quotes, poems, excerpts...

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.
It will not lead you astray."
-Rumi

"She looked like, if you bit her,
milk and honey would flow from her."
-Franz Kline

"Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than material force, 
that thoughts rule the world."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am half agony, half hope."
-Jane Austen

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong.
No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first,
and is waiting for it."
-Terry Pratchett

"The curse of the romantic is a greed for dreams, an intensity of expectation that,
in the end, diminishes the reality."
-Marya Mannes

"but I, being poor, have only my dreams. I lay them at your feet...treat softly;
for you tread on my dreams."
-W.B. Yeats
"I am not for everyone."

"Tell me what you fear and I will tell you what has happened to you."

"She liked to disappear, even when she was in the same room as other people.
It was a talent, as it was a curse."
-Alice Hoffman

"She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there,
leaning on the balcony railing,
holding the universe together."
-J.D. Salinger

"I wonder whose arms I would run and fall into
if I were drunk in a room with everyone I have ever loved."

"The flesh endures the storms of the present alone;
the mind, those of the past and future as well as the present."
-Epicurus

"The people you love become ghosts inside of you
and like this you keep them alive."
"Some people underestimate how erotic it is
to be understood."
-Mary Rakow

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love,
or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. 
It's gonna hurt because it matters."
-John Green

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

"Life is 10% what happens to you
and 90% how you react to it."
-Charles R. Swindoll

"I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not.
I write to explore all of the things I am afraid of."
-Joss Whedon
"There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom,
others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others
when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against a wall."
-Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

"It's okay to walk out of someone's life if you don't feel like you belong in it anymore."

"I fall in love with everything, I also
hate everything. It's very hard to be
a misanthrope and a romantic."
-Marilyn Manson

"You must not lose faith in humanity.
Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,
the ocean does not become dirty."
-Mahatma Ghandi

"I will love you as a thief loves a gallery and as a crow loves a murder,
as a cloud loves bats and as a range loves braes.
I will love you as misfortune loves orphans,
as fire loves innocence and as justice
loves to sit and watch
while everything goes wrong."
-Lemony Snicket

No comments:

Post a Comment